1. We went to our ward campout. I was very wary of it because it was 103 degrees in Hillsboro that day. Luckily, it was only about 85 at the site. It was a really fun experience for the kids- they had a cool lake with paddle boats, multiple playgrounds, and friends to play with. We even stayed up to watch Cars on someone's projected screen. I even survived and managed to get some sleep.
2. Larry is gearing up for coaching. He is going to coach High school waterpolo a little this year to help out because the main coach is having a baby. He will be covering a practice once a week and some early games this year. He is also going to coach a soccer team that Derek and Spencer are on this fall. The league was organized by someone in our stake, so all the kids play on Tues/Thur from 5:30-6:30. It's super cheap, too, so it's a great chance for Miranda, Derek, and Spencer to try it out. That starts next week and goes into early October.
3. Baby update: As of this week, I am still 1 cm dilated, but my belly is measuring 39 cm. (Usually, you are supposed to be the same number of cm as how many weeks pregnant you are). So, basically, I'm as big as someone about to deliver their baby- but I've got 4 weeks to go. I'm still feeling pretty good, although I'm starting to daydream about having a waist again and sleeping with just one pillow.
4. Derek is in morning Kindergarten! Yay! That means he will go everyday with Miranda to school and then I pick him up at 11:10 from his classroom. Spencer's preschool is MWF from 8:30-11:30, so it should work out for getting them both to school and home. It will be nice to just have the little girls for a couple hours three times a week. And then the boys can play in the afternoons with each other.
5. Tomorrow is Lindsey's Second birthday. I think that Derek is the most excited for it. We will just have some food she likes, gifts from us and the kids, and a little cake and ice cream. On Sunday we will celebrate both Spencer and Lindsey's birthdays with Larry's parents. It should be fun. Spencer's birthday is the 29th- and he's going to have a friend party. He's excited, but we still have a lot of planning to do.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for all the updates!!! It is so nice to know what is going on with you and your family! I had a kindergartener and a first grader last year - I liked having time with each of the kids but it got REALLY old having to make three trips to the school each day! I'm challenging everyone to leave a comment on all of the blogs they check - you're is one of them!!! Glad you guys are doing well!!
Post a Comment