
Ever wonder what 10 gallons of water spread out all over your kitchen would look like?? Well, I found out this week while I was decorating Spencer's cake. All the kids were gathered around the counter to watch me decorate the cake. I had finished the cake, and was making a small batch of frosting to write his name with. See that glass Pyrex bowl? I had one beater in it, and it started to spin the bowl. Then it went out of control and spun into the front of the fishtank, breaking a huge hole in the front of it. Of course, it cracked all the way down the front, letting all 10 gallons out.
The kids totally freaked! Everyone was screaming. Lindsey was standing on a chair closest to the tank and got totally soaked. She just stood on the chair and screamed! Spencer was next to her and got his shorts all wet. Miranda and Derek were on the other side of the counter and didn't get too wet. Derek kept crying, "the fish are dead! The fish are dead!" They all ran for the living room while I grabbed towels to contain the mess. The water spread from the carpet by the bathroom, through the whole kitchen, and half way into the dining room. I stripped down myself and Lindsey because we were drenched, and then started mopping. It took over an hour to get things under control. I found pieces of glass on the chair Lindsey was standing on, in the dining room, and on the kitchen floor. We were blessed that no one got hurt. Miraculously, I only had to scrape off a tiny portion of the frosting on the cake. Opening drawers and cupboards showed just how far the water had gone. I had to wash all my tupperware and wipe out utensil drawers. What a mess!
After the majority of the mess was cleaned up, I discovered one of our fish still alive in the tank. I put it in a bowl. It was traumatized, and I finally had Larry discretely flush it last night because we AREN'T getting a big tank again, and the fish was barely moving and not eating. So, now our fish tank supplies are on craigslist. Moral of the story for me: don't multitask so much while cooking!
3 comments:
oh dear! That sounds horrible. Although reading it as an outsider and imagining all the screaming and drama it did make me laugh. But still that sounds horrible.
Hahahaha! sorry, but I had to laugh..sounds like something that would happen on cheaper by the dozen or something! With all the kids running around and screaming. atleast it didn't wreak the cake!
whooo thats crazy
Post a Comment