Friday, July 11, 2008

Baby Update

I think that I grew several inches around while I was in Utah! I'm now about 31 weeks pregnant and look like I have a huge pot belly. I'm measuring at 33 cm (a little large- which is typical for me). The baby continues to kick and move around a little, but she is pretty sneaky. Only Larry has really felt her move. Everytime I think to have the kids put their hands on my belly, she stops. I think that Spencer is the most excited about the baby. He will kiss my belly and randomly say things about the "new baby". I'm pretty sure that Lindsey will have some jealousy issues because she really doesn't like when Spencer, or any other small child sits on my lap. She does really like babies, though, and is quite fascinated with them. I think that she sees them as just another animal to look at- like a small dog or a duck.

It is starting to seem more real that we will have another baby soon. I still have to make her blanket and blessing dress, but that is about all I have to do to get ready- other than set up the bassinet and take her clothes out of the box and into the dresser. I'm sure that I will get even more comments about having 5 KIDS as I go around town with them this summer. (I got several comments when I took the kids to the zoo yesterday- luckily, they were all positive.) I'm sure that Larry is getting a little scared at the thought that we will get even LESS done than we do now. It seems like there are so many distractions and things to do that we never get to the bigger projects. Oh well!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

thats awesome, its coming up!

Pricilla said...

Wow, I still can't believe that you will have 5! That seems so much bigger than 4. You guys are so good, I am sure that you will handle it with ease. You guys always seem to have control over life. You are pros by now.

Dickinson Family said...

I admire all your energy and all you do. Stay cool in this heat.
Mom D

Heidi said...

31 weeks! Man, I wish I was there already! And about never getting anything done, you said it. Even one creates enough mess to make you want to give up on all cleaning ever. Good luck!

Tammy said...

I also measure much bigger than I should.. always a few cm more.. Good luck with the 5 kids, I dunno how you get things done while pregnant with 4. I have a hard enough time getting anything done.. and I just have a husband to take care of.