Sunday, November 8, 2009

Current Sewing Projects

Ever since mid-October I've been really into a sewing thing. I helped a friend alter some baseball pants for her son for Halloween- changing the waistline, taking in the sides, and changing the length- it was a little challenging, but fun. That got me going with some other things. I feel so domestic lately... This is the beginnings of Lindsey's bedspread that she'll get for Christmas. You can see some of the rows of blocks on the machine. Her colors are purple, pink, white, and some green. I've now got all the blocks sewn together. I'm hoping to finish the borders on the front and start tying it this week.
This is another project that I've been working on for a while. I started it a couple years ago when I was in my first trimester with Kara. When we finally got the kids to bed at night, I was too tired to do anything but lay on the couch. So I worked on this to help me feel like I was actually accomplishing something. This is a stocking for Larry, but there is NO way it will be done for Christmas. Maybe next year.

Here is a close-up of Kara's costume. She was a carrot. I loved how the hat turned out. It was fun to do the hand stitching on the hat and the lines on the carrot.
This Saturday, for Relief Society, I'm making pillowcases for the kids out of LDS fabrics. One is a missionary print, the other are boy and girl scenes in life from baptism, marriage, etc. Maybe I'll post a picture if I get ambitious.


1 comment:

Tammy said...

Wow! Those are awesome Michelle! Good Job!