Friday, June 6, 2008

Super Cleaners

I have to tell you all about something wonderful the kids did yesterday afternoon. It was a typical, afterschool day, with all the kids at home, Lindsey sleeping, and Melissa (Miranda's friend) here. The girls usually get home, have a snack, and sometimes watch a cartoon. After they were done with that they usually make some art project or play outside. Well, yesterday was different. I didn't notice much for the first 30 minutes or so because I was totally absorbed in the book 'Angels and Demons'. All I know is that it got really quiet, and I could hear Miranda, Melissa, and Derek sneaking around the house whispering to each other. Then, I caught Derek's eye- he was under the dining room table sweeping. He tried to hide. That's when I noticed that someone had mysteriously cleaned all the paint supplies off the table. I played along while they cleaned the bathroom and the boys' room. They even sharpened a bunch of our pencils. Finally, they let me in on the surprise and showed me all of the cleaning they'd done for the past hour. It was completely unexpected. I was even more grateful because I'd been reading so much that day, and not paying much attention to the kids.

Other tidbits:
1- Derek LOVES Sudoku, thanks to Heidi's tutoring at the parade on Saturday
2- We got our third fish yesterday- a pure black molly- still trying to figure out a name for it.
3- We're probably getting a bunk bed set for the girls tonight- as long as it looks as good in person as on craigslist.
4- I DID finish the book last night. This is why I don't read a lot- I get absorbed and don't get anything else done. I'm still looking for an open week or so to start the Stephanie Meyer's series.

4 comments:

The Tubaugh's said...

I'm the same way when I read a book! It must run in the family...You'll love the Meyer's series. Don't plan on cleaning for a week--a few days anyway!

Tammy said...

That's soo sweet that they did all that cleaning! What great kids! I like that they were all secretive about it too. And Angels and Demons is a great book! Me and Will listened to it on CD on a road trip we had to Texas a few years back. I can see why you couldn't put it down.

Pricilla said...

That is so cute, they could teach me kids a thing or two. Derek is such a smartie, I can't believe he is doing sudoku already. Is there anything that kid can't do?

Heidi said...

thats awsome! what a surprise. i started the meyer seris oh this trip. and finished the first book last night and read it in like 3-4 days. i am also really wnating the 2nd...its so good!