Today I went in to my OB to hear the baby's heartbeat. It was really scary because it took him at least 3 minutes of listening and moving the microphone thing around. Finally, when we were discussing having me come back in a week, we heard the heartbeat. What a relief! I was getting really worried because he is usually right on.
I also took Miranda, Derek, and Spencer to the dentist this afternoon. NO Cavities! I guess my paranoid flossing and flouride treatments are working. I was very surprised to hear that Spencer has a loose tooth. Can he really loose a tooth when he's only 3 1/2? It seems too weird, especially since Derek just lost his first one a month ago. Miranda is always and interesting case with her very strange bite (her bottom teeth come out WAY farther than her upper ones). As soon as she looses her top front teeth, he's going to make a retainer for us with a key in it. We will crank it periodically to try to push her upper teeth forward. He's hoping to remedy her bite as much as possible. However, it is most likely that in her teens, she will have to have jaw surgery to break the upper jaw and bring it forward. Sounds like orthodontic torture to me!
One last thing that I thought I'd mention is a totally GROSS pasttime of Lindsey's. She puts something in her mouth like food, rocks, or whatever, then spits it out and plays with the spit/food mixture. She really likes to do this with rocks and sand and it's totally nasty!
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
David hasn't even lost a tooth yet!
We are having a big doctor week too. That is funny, because that was going to be my next topic on my blog! Poor Miranda, that is a tough road ahead.
thats exciting about the heart beat! :) i never knew about mirandas jaw... yikes. hahaha nd lindseys a character! oh and idk that is way early for spencer in loosing teeth, i think i was like somewhere betwwen 6 and 8 when i lost my first, adn i was 15 almost 16 when i lost my last 6 teeth (had to get them pulled so i could get braces finaly hahah)
Hayli lost many teeth at age four. The dentist said it was early, but now at age ten she only has one more tooth to lose total. He says she is a few years ahead of other kids but that it is fine. I just hope nothing else comes early for her. glad you heard the heartbeat, that is always a relief. Mandy
Post a Comment